Skinnyville

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thursday -- almost the weekend, yeah!

Well yesterday was pretty good w/ the exception of those darn tootsie rolls and not enough veggies. Im going to tell my stepdaughter to take those tootsie rolls to her room -- she basically has the whole upstairs to herself and I rarely if ever go up there..so it's safe up there! :)



Day 1 in WeekTarget28
FoodPointsCount
Waffles w/ small amt peanut butter-523
Peanuts-518
Taco Salad-108
Chicken, tortilla and potato-9-1
Darn tootsie rolls!-5-6
Total:34
Weekly points used: 6 - Remaining: 29 in Week

Table provided byRoni's" Food Journal Generator.

I didn't get to the grocery on my lunch hour but did go after work! Here's my plan:

Breakfasts: Dlight Breakfast Sandwiches

Lunches: Chicken salad

Snacks: dry cereal, light cheese, berries, V8 (my attempt at bringing veggies into my life! ha)

Since really I was shopping for today, tomm and Monday there isn't much there. But my key is to get good lunches and snacks. I'm going to try and make some healthy dinners next week so am going to get a couple recipes together today and go to the grocery Sunday night or Monday night. Plus use those as leftovers for lunches next week too! This weekend the food is all set -- I have a list for that too. The food that is going to be made this weekend isn't to bad so if I watch my portions I'll be set. Just have to watch it w/ all those snacks everyone is going to be bringing!

Key for my is easy and quick. When I don't have time I need a standby to be able to grab when out for lunch -- the McD's Southwest salad is my go to, I need to try Roni's version. Breakfasts? I want something hot...and good. I don't have time to make eggs in the am...I absolutely love the DLight Breakfast sandwiches...LOVE them. They satisfy me usually until midmorning where a light snack is all that I need...sometimes it lasts until lunch time. I have tried making my own w/ not so great success however my husband liked them!! I need to try to make them again...I think I can lower the points. However the turkey sausage that is on them i can't find one I like to duplicate them at home...I'm adding that to my list to try again this coming week. They are expensive at the store and also if I can lower the points and have it not be so "processed" that is a good thing!

I'm really trying to make this work for me. I think key to success is finding how to tailor the plan to your needs/life. I'm working on that!! :)

So here is to today another great day!!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger Lulu said…

    hope it was a good food day for you today..

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger Lulu said…

    forgot to ask you, are you still knitting?

     
  • At 2:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Everything looks good. Good job on planning out meals. I think it really helps if I know what all my dinner options are for the week.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home